New Mexico Back & Spine Injuries
Get the Support You Deserve From a Rio Rancho Lawyer
Back and spine injuries often occur in
slip and fall accidents, and
bicycle or pedestrian accidents. Goodwin Law Office's personal injury lawyer has represented hundreds
of clients in Albuquerque and Rio Rancho with back and spine injuries.
He has helped victims with injuries ranging from minor whiplash injuries
to very serious spinal cord injuries resulting in paralysis.
About Back Injuries
Back injuries can cause problems anywhere from the neck to the tailbone.
These can be some of the most painful and debilitating types of injuries
and can have a huge impact on victims. They can even prevent them from
working or enjoying even the simplest parts of life.
To be considered a back injury, the injury must affect one or all of the
- The bones and joints of the spine (vertebrae).
- The discs that separate the vertebrae.
- The muscles and ligaments that hold the spine together.
Severe back injuries can result from car accidents, falls from significant
heights, or direct blows to the back or the top of the head. If your injury
was caused by the negligent behavior or willful misconduct of another,
you may be entitled to compensation. This can help cover medical expenses
that helped treat your injury or wages lost while you were recovering.
Contact Goodwin Law Office
to speak to back & spine injury lawyer Brad Goodwin for a free consultation.
Sudden & Acute Injuries
Back and spine pain from an injury may be sudden and severe. Bruising and
swelling may develop soon after the injury.
Acute injuries to the back and spine include:
- An injury to the ligaments or muscles in the back, such as a sprain or a strain.
- A fracture or dislocation of the spine.
- A torn or ruptured disc.
- Compression of nerves in the lower back.
Symptoms of a serious spinal cord injury immediately following a back injury,
- Loss of bowel or bladder control.
- Weakness in the legs.
- Numbness or tingling in the lower body and legs.
Living With a Back Injury
If you have a back injury, get medical treatment for relief from your pain.
This includes doctor visits, physical therapy, or chiropractic therapy.
There are also other things you can do to help reduce your back pain such as:
- Maintain an ideal body weight to reduce the strain on your lower back.
- Practice good posture and body mechanics.
- Adjust your car seat so that you are not reaching for the steering wheel
when you drive. Your arms should be in a slightly flexed, comfortable position.
- Always wear your seatbelt while you are in a motor vehicle.
- Home exercises and stretching, under guidance from a doctor or therapist.
These activities can help you recover more quickly from injuries and decrease
your chances of having chronic pain from your back injury.
Contact Goodwin Law Office For Help
At Goodwin Law Office's Rio Rancho and Albuquerque locations, you can
be assured that your needs will be heard. Rio Rancho injury lawyer Brad
Goodwin has over
25 years of experience giving legal advice to clients with back and spine injuries. He understands
how you feel when you have a serious back or spine injury, and knows how
it can affect your daily activities. Mr. Goodwin is well-versed with how
to properly present the details of your back injury to an insurance adjuster
or in court.
Fill out a free case evaluation
today for more information on the legal aspects of back and
spine injuries in New Mexico.
To speak directly to Attorney Goodwin, call (505) 340-2223!